- Ballarat, Victoria
- Tuesday °
Providing accessible travel opportunities to all travelers is one of the aims of BIG4 Ballarat Goldfields Holiday Park. We have implemented an accessibility program to improve our accessibility and create an inclusive customer experience for all travellers.
Some of the initiatives we have implemented to create a more accessible tourism experience are:
- Ramp or ground access (no steps) to reception, the pool area, amenities building, family bathroom, laundry facilities, games room, television room, function room, BBQ areas, playground and some cabin accommodation
- Accessible car parking at accommodation and camping areas
- Sites conveniently located close to family bathroom
- BIG4 teamed up with Emma from The Wiggles to create a social script, an essential tool for autistic people and their families to prepare for a holiday.
Getting around Ballarat
Whether you are driving about Ballarat or using the public transport system, there are a variety of options available for people with limited mobility. These include designated disabled parking bays, accessible public transport, vehicle and taxi hire.
The Ballarat Mobility Map shows colour coded preferred routes of travel for intersections and paths which indicate Disability Discrimination Act (DDA) compliance, as well as those that have been identified for future works. The map also includes other services in Ballarat and features as follows:
- steep gradients
- public wheelchair accessible toilets
- private wheelchair accessible toilets (for example - accessible toilets that are situated in places like Myer, Big W or supermarkets)
- accessible parking bays
- shopping centres
- key landmarks and services (hospitals, police stations, post offices, etc)
- tourist information centres and key tourist venues
If you have any questions about accessibility here at BIG4 Ballarat Goldfields, please contact one of our friendly team who will do their utmost to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible.