- Ballarat, Victoria
- Friday 11°
- Saturday 15°
BIG4 Ballarat Goldfields has a carefully designed Sensory Room developed for families with a child or children on the autism spectrum. This room, which is part of the The Reilly Room Project, was developed in close consultation with an occupational therapist, a specialist autism teacher and ASD parents. The features within this autism specific educational setting include:
- A lamp projecting blue ocean waves on the ceiling while playing calm music
- A free-standing hammock that can be used to rock a toddler or for an adult to rock themselves
- A large crash mat and weighted blankets/cushions
- A selection of books suitable for children on the spectrum
- Cushions to provide a variety of tactile experiences
- A 'Bilbo' to rock or spin a child in
- A peanut-shaped gym ball to bounce on
- A large time clock to help them 'finish'
- Activity boxes can be requested from reception which include kinetic sand, play dough, a sensory toy box and colouring supplies.
This room, coupled with all the other features expected from a top-rated holiday park, makes BIG4 Ballarat Goldfields Holiday Park the destination of choice for all families to enjoy a well deserved accessible and restful holiday.