- Ballarat, Victoria
- Thursday 11°
- Friday 6°
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: Guest and visitor information * Updated May 25 2020*
25 May 2020
Thank you to every guest…past, present and future…for your ongoing support throughout this challenging time. It is much appreciated.
BIG4 Ballarat Goldfields Holiday Park is opening to travellers from June 1st and we are taking every recommended precaution provided to us to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
We recognise that whilst it is safe to open back up, the virus has not disappeared and it is our duty to ensure we do not contribute to any further spread and ensure our guests are safe.
As our Holiday Park accommodation reopens, we are governed by the government guidelines and restrictions on opening. You can stay in any of our accommodation which is fully self contained. If you are bringing your own caravan or camper it must be fully self contained with its own bathroom and cooking facilities. Facilities that we are able to open have limits on guests allowed at one time which must be adhered to. For now, our pool, spa and camp kitchen will remain closed.
We are following all government guidelines including social distancing and have implemented Covid Safe cleaning regimes across the park amenities and facilities.
For the health and safety of all if you are planning to visit us please remember…
- If you feel unwell or have a bit of a cold or flu, you need to stay at home.
- You can only gather in groups of up to 20 people outside.
- You are required to fill out a questionnaire either on arrival, online via email or through our guest portal – we are required to collect these details around recent travel and health activities. The form will ask to confirm the following:
- That you have not returned to Australia from overseas in the last 14 days.
- That you have not been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- That you have not been in a COVID-19 hotspot as defined by the Chief Health Officer in the last 14 days.
- That you have not had a fever, sore throat, shortness of breath or other cold/flu-like symptoms in the last 72 hours and are otherwise well.
Guests and staff must meet the above criteria to enter the property.
Guests must also provide:
- The reason for your travel
- Your past location and accommodation details for the last 14 days
- Your next location and accommodation details
- Name and date of birth
- You need to let us know also if you don’t feel well while you’re with us or if you feel unwell shortly after leaving.
- We’ve got hand sanitiser and hand washing stations in various facilities but we also recommend it is a good idea to bring your own.
- Our housekeepers have increased their cleaning techniques. You can help too - wipe down surfaces after you have used them.
- While you’re here wash your hands regularly for 20 seconds with soap.
- Sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- We are recommending to download the COVID Safe App. Every download helps make everyone safer.
- The latest information in regards to guest hygiene will be displayed on signage throughout the property and good practices will be promoted.
- Where practicable, guests must maintain a minimum distance of 1.5m from other guests. - If in the unlikely event, someone on the property during your stay has tested positive you will be notified by us.
- If you have any concerns regarding your stay please contact our front office team [email protected]
Any team members at BIG4 Ballarat Goldfields that experience flu-like symptoms are strictly not permitted to work.
FAQs…what you need to know
What facilities are open?
From Monday 1 June 2020 caravan parks are allowed to open, however we are not allowed to open communal facilities. So in this first phase of opening we are not allowed to open our main amenities building, camp kitchen, indoor playroom and games room.
At this stage, we are planning to open our pool, movie room, television room and outdoor playground. All of these facilities will have a limit of guests able to utilise them at one time and will have strict hygiene and social distancing requirements in place.
When will the other facilities open?
We are following the government guidelines and are not permitted to open them just yet.
What additional cleaning measures are you implementing?
- Providing a COVID-19 safe environment for our guests is our priority. We have implemented a Covid Safe cleaning régime across all areas of the park, including all accommodation, swimming pool and amenities. Communal facilities when open will be kept clean and hygienic with appropriate record keeping by professional cleaning staff.
Can we have visitors while we are staying?
The safety of our guests is paramount. Unfortunately, we will not allow guests to have visitors join them onsite at this time.
What forms of payment will you accept?
We prefer payment via credit or debit card payment, however understand if you need to pay all or part payment in cash.
22 March 2020
As you may be aware some borders will be temporarily closed to visitors to slow the spread of coronavirus.
If your reservation with us falls within the coming month and your travel is not considered essential travel you will unfortunately have to cancel or change your upcoming reservation.
Essential travel is considered to be:
- Visitors who would now be unable to easily travel home due to state and territory border closures;
- Caravan and campers who are currently on the road travelling and require accommodation whilst they transit home; and
- Travellers who are currently travelling around Australia and may need to locate themselves in a commercial property for a period of time.
15 March 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: Guest and visitor information
At BIG4 Ballarat Goldfields, the health and safety of our staff and guests is paramount.
If you have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 or have recently travelled from a high-risk country, please cancel your stay with us. If you experience any symptoms of the virus ahead of your stay, please immediately contact your doctor and cancel your stay with us.
When you do visit, you can be confident that every area of BIG4 Ballarat Goldfields is, as always cleaned, to the highest of standards. In addition, we have implemented precautionary operational measures as recommended by the Australian Government.
Our staff continue to be extra vigilant in all areas of hygiene, including regular hand sanitising, in and around the park and we ask our guests to do the same.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our reservation team on 1800 632 237.
We look forward to welcoming you to BIG4 Ballarat Goldfields.